Running an Agency is not an easy job. In a highly competitive industry wherein there are so many agencies and every agency positions itself as a leader, Agency owners have their hands full. You not only need to try and create a differentiator in a competitive market but also constantly work towards keeping the agency growing & profitable in a cost-sensitive economy.
You can achieve this by outsourcing the mundane tasks. This way, your team can do less, achieve more and improve the overall efficiency of your business!
78% of businesses all over the world feel positive about their relationship with their outsourcing company.
Cost cutting (59%), enabling core business functions (57%), and solving capacity issues (47%) are primary drivers to outsource.
75% of businesses feel confident in their outsourcers' ability to stay on top of legal/regulatory issues.
Choosing the right virtual digital agency that acts as a perfect extension to your team can often be overwhelming. Even before that, contemplating whether you really should hire one or need one can be quite confusing. And the decision in itself is very important when it comes to the growth of your business.
So before you select an outsourcer, here are some crucial things that you should consider:
1. Elimination of Substandard Work
Sometimes, you can’t let go of the tasks, worrying that others won’t do them the way you do or your team that has learnt from you does. Even though you can’t have your team spare the time to carry them out. Usually, outsourcing companies have staff that is trained to perform specific tasks more efficiently and in less time. So you don’t have to worry about your work being substandard. Learn to let go and hand over to those who can do it for you.
2. Elimination of Training Durations & Costs
The best way to decide whether you should outsource or not is to conduct a cost/time calculation. The amount of time you’ll need to carry out the tasks in-house with the available resources and the costs involved. Besides, if you’re hiring employees, you’ll need to invest extra time and money for their training purposes. Outsourcing will totally cut down the training durations and costs for you, so you can strategically invest in getting the tasks done and witness immediate results.
3. What Type of Tasks Should You Outsource?
As mentioned earlier, the tasks that are crucial to the operations of your business, but not a part of your strategy are the tasks that you can outsource. This enables your team to put in their time and efforts at the right place and get the most out of it. Some businesses outsource routine specialised tasks like SEO/PPC campaign management, campaign audits or link building, which can be done as per the requirement, instead of hiring and doing them in-house. Some businesses outsource their repetitive tasks like daily optimization or monthly reporting, tasks that take a lot of time and are not as important as the other tasks that are specific to their business.
4. What Tasks Will Your Team Be Doing in That Extra Time?Outsourcing will help you recognise the tasks that need to be focused by your team. You can then prioritise your tasks and leverage the resources efficiently. The extra time that you have in your hands after handing over the everyday tasks to someone else can be utilised by your team towards the business’ success.
Also, don’t totally forget about the tasks that you’re outsourcing, you need to set up clear goals and check up on it regularly with the outsourcing company so you get the desired results out of it.
5. What Happens If You Go for a Wrong One?Now, most people think that you get an outsourcing company to perform your tasks and you’ll get it done straight away. No. It takes time to adjust your business culture with theirs. And this is a big deal! Whenever you start a contract with a new outsourcer, some time is lost while the friction smoothens up. It takes time for you to get used to their work culture and vice versa. Perhaps you choose a wrong one, that much time and money might turn out to be a loss. So make sure you make the right outsourcing decision.
Now that you know the benefits of having a virtual team work for you and what are the things that you need to consider, are you ready to take the leap? When utilised correctly, outsourcing can help you concentrate on the key growth factors, streamline your business operations, cut down costs, save time, and get the most out of your efforts.
Outsourcing your digital marketing tasks sounds like a great fit? Connect with us today!
You can get access to our entire team of certified SEO and PPC experts. We offer consistent quality, fast turnaround time, no long term contracts, along with our convenient flexible pricing & engagement models.